Sugarplum Fairy

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Hunger Games

      The Hunger Games. Oh my goodness. Possibly the best books of my life! They are one of those series that eats you alive, the kind that you can read for 4 hours straight and not be in the slightest bored or tired. It is a trilogy that starts with The Hunger Games, followed by Catching Fire, and the last book is called  Mocking Jay.
      I won't say the ending or any of the details, but I will give you the main plot line.
      This is a post-apocalyptic book that has to do with a country that rose out of the ashes of  North America. The country is called Panem. It has one Capitol that is ringed by thirteen districts.  Each district provides a different resource for the Capitol. Like District 12 produces coal, while District 1 provides luxury items.The Capitol is wealthy and prospering, but the surrounding districts are facing poverty, starvation, and lots of death.
      Once the 13 districts  had an uprising against the Capitol. The Capitol had a victory in the war, and district 13 was destroyed by a bomb.
      Each year, to remind the districts that they are in control, the Capitol holds something called the Hunger Games. The Capitol takes 1 boy and 1 girl from each district , puts them in an arena, and forces them to kill one another, until there is only one left.
      I know that these books sound terrible and terrifying, but they are so very good. I really suggest them for anyone over the age of 11 that wants a wonderful read.
                          
They are FANTASTIC!!! However , I don't suggest it for 5th and under. There is some blood and other elements that may not be the best thing for younger children.

1 comment:

  1. BEST BOOKS/STORY OF ALL TIME!! This post makes me happy:)

    ReplyDelete