Sugarplum Fairy

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Science Fair

For my Science Fair project this year I am doing a popcorn experiment . It is called  'Does storage temperature affect popcorn and how it pops?' It is really a cool experiment, because I put exactly 200 kernels ( hand counted) of popcorn in four different bags and then I put them in four different temperatures. One in the freezer,one in the refrigerator, one in normal room temperature and one in mixed temperatures. On the mixed temperature bag, I will switch the temperature every three weeks. there is 9 weeks til the fair so I will just swap it occasionally. That one will really prove if temperature affects anything. I am crossing my fingers that this will work!   

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! And practical. I am personally hooked and cant wait to find out. I keep my kernals in the freezer. Is this wasted space? Inquiring minds want to know. 9 more weeks huh? I can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have recently become a big air popped popcorn consumer and anxiously await your results. I agree with you 100% on the mixing temperature thing, it has been 80 degrees down here all week and I am loving it...but I know it won't stay that way! anytime you want to warm up you know you always have a place here....but hurry and come visit before we are someplace cold like you!

    ReplyDelete