Christmas is gone,(that I am not pleased about) there is so much to tell, and I don't really know where to start. What about Christmas Eve? Yeah, I think that is about right. John and Mary and Dan (some of our favorite,favorite neighbors ever) came over for Christmas to eat dinner and reenact the nativity. We had one of the BEST Christmas dinners ever. Our dinner was composed of ham, rolls, jam, Aunt Julie's purple Jell-o, Mom's Famous and delicious cheesy potatoes, and a salad. For desert, we had a really yummy desert that was a layer of Ice-Cream bars, then a layer of Cool Whip and then some caramel ice cream desert topping, then a layer of chocolate syrup,and then some heath toffee topping. We did that twice, and ooh yum did it taste SO good. After that we did the nativity . I was a shepherd, Andrew was Joseph, Hannah was Mary, Molly was the holy angel ( she wasn't acting all that holy) Sydney was the donkey,and Gabe was our one and only wise man. After that we told of our memories of Christmas past. It was a really fun Christmas eve.
Now let us skip to Christmas morning. As we ran into the living room,lined up from youngest to oldest. I was thinking about something our Bishop had said the week before. He said " At our house, on Christmas morning, everyone lines up from youngest to oldest. On my word they rush into the room with the presents and the little ones get trampled and the big ones don't care." That is sorta like our house.
Oh I had a wonderful wonderful Christmas. I got all I wanted and more. We had a nice day with each other. This was a good Christmas and it was one I will remember for a long,long time.
Hatch parents' trip 2015
11 years ago
I love all the delicious details you devulge on your blog; like who was what during the nativity. And what you ate for dessert (I gotta get that recipe-will you share it?) This is your last new year going to primary-this time nest year you will be in YW. Crazy. love you.
ReplyDelete